Friday, May 6, 2011

Pacquiao is fighting against poverty while Mosley is fighting for pride


“All my life, I’ve had to fight. As a child I had to fight to eat,” said Manny Pacquiao yesterday at the final press conference preceding his much anticipated May 7th welterweight championship showdown with Sugar Shane Mosley. Sold out MGM Grand Garden Arena will host the biggest boxing event of this year which will be televised live by Showtime PPV. Closed circuit tickets, priced at $50, are on sale and available at all Las Vegas MGM Resorts properties. With the new age of internet event also will be available online at www.toprank.tv, http://sports.SHO.com, and www.sports.yahoo.com. With special features available only to customers who purchase online stream.

“Now when I fight, the Filipinos call me a hero,” continued eight-division world champion Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs): “My biggest fight is not in boxing. My biggest fight is to end poverty in my country. I will be wearing yellow gloves into the ring on Saturday – as a symbol of unity in the fight against poverty.’’ Immediately following the news conference, social media networks, such as Face book and Tweeter, got flooded with messages from fans of larger than life congressman, asking to support his cause by wearing yellow. It seems that sold out MGM Grand Garden Arena with Pacquiao in the ring, will resemble Staples Center in L.A. with Lakers playing and all fans wearing yellow.

Check out additional photos from Las Vegas press conference:http://www.examiner.com/sports-photography-in-las-vegas/photos-from-pacquiao-mosley-press-conference

“There has not been trash talk for this fight, and I am happy for that. It sets a good example for the children who idolize fighters,” said pound for pound king, Pacquiao: “I am looking forward to Saturday and making a good fight with Shane Mosley for the fans. We will both be doing our best, which should make for a lot of action and make the fans happy. I will be happy if this happens.”

Check out this story about Pacquiao:

What about Sugar Shane Mosley. Not aving a noble cause to fight for, former three division world champion is in the ring to prove all his doubters wrong and to cement his legacy while beating the best in the world. “This is like a Mike Tyson fight – we’re heavyweights out there. I’m looking to go out there, take charge and beat Manny Pacquiao,” said Mosley (46-6-1, 39 KOs): “We’re going to go out there and not take our foot off the gas pedal.” Thirty nine year old veteran from Pomona, California, who brought his own cheering section to Las Vegas, promised to put on a spectacular show. “I’m a great fighter but I’m a regular person at heart. I think that’s why a lot of people are attracted to me,” said Mosley appreciating support from his fans. “Every time I fight my goal is to give a great fight,” concluded Mosley:” I always want to do my best, whether I knock him out in the 12th, 10th, whatever.”

Could Shane Molsey defy the odds?

“This is a great day for Las Vegas,” said Oscar Goodman, mayor of Las Vegas, who was also in attendance at the press conference:” Las Vegas is back as far as this fight is concerned and it doesn’t get better than this. We love to have this event. This is one of the biggest events in Las Vegas history.”

No comments:

Post a Comment