Saturday, May 7, 2011

EXCLUSIVE! Sugar Ray Leonard Talks Pacquiao v. Mosley Fight

Sugar Ray Leonard may have been eliminated from season 12 of “Dancing With the Stars”, but he’s still widely considered to be one of the greatest boxers of all time by wining world titles in five weight divisions!

When I caught up with the retired pro boxer at George Lopez’ Fourth Annual Celebrity Golf Classic, I had to find out who he’s got his eyes on during this weekend’s Manny Pacquiao v. “Sugar” Shane Mosley fight.

“I really like Pacquiao without question,” Leonard exclusively tells our PopStop TV team. “He’s the man and Sugar Shane Mosley’s been around for a long time he’s trying to do an upset so I wish both guys well and I will be watching.”

Leonard also admits that he, like rest of the boxing fans, really hope that Pacquiao will fight Mayweather some day.

“As a boxing fan which I am, I hope that comes to fruition,” Leonard says. “To say that one fight will save boxing, that’s not necessarily true. But, it will give boxing such a shot of adrenaline that people will be talking about it for the rest of their lives. And that fight also is their legacy. They have to fight each other."

I couldn't agree more! Leonard was smart to not play favorites but it seems like he favors Pacquiao.

Who do you think will win the Pacquiao-Mosley fight? Also, do you think the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight will ever go down?

No comments:

Post a Comment